Product code: 0257.59
Fully synthetic biodegradable lubricant (not of vegetable origin) formulated with Ash-Less additives for hydraulic systems operating even in severe working conditions.
Excellent fluency at low temperatures and excellent resistance to high temperatures and shear stress.
PAKELO GEOLUBE HYDRAULIC EP ISO 68 is a fully synthetic fluid formulated with special synthetic biodegradable base stocks (not of vegetable origin) and suitable anti-wear ash-less additives to meet the most severe hydraulic applications.
PAKELO GEOLUBE HYDRAULIC EP ISO 68 provides the following properties:
– Very High Viscosity Index that enables minimum viscosity changes, if compared to common hydraulic lubricants, when the fluid is exposed to different operating temperatures;
– high shear stability: this allows PAKELO GEOLUBE HYDRAULIC EP ISO 68 to maintain during service viscosities almost equivalent to new lubricant;
– very low Pour Point that enables easy start-ups at low temperatures in hydraulic systems;
– high anti-wear properties to increase efficiency, life of pumps and of the operating parts in the system;
– very high thermal stability, also thanks to the use of synthetic base stocks, that allows the use of the product in hydraulic systems operating also at high temperatures and pressures without causing deposits and sludge;
– high oxidative stability that allows longer oil drain intervals and thus avoids early oil thickening;
– high hydrolytic stability which enables to protect the oil being used also when contaminated with small percentages of water;
– good demulsivity: the lubricant can easily separate from the water that could contaminate the system avoiding an accelerated process of oxidation;
– high filterability even with presence of water avoiding in this way filter plugging and guaranteeing longer filter life;
– anticorrosion and antirust capability to provide efficiently the protection of all metallic components of the hydraulic system;
– antifoam properties to avoid the presence of foam and air that reduce system efficiency due to the different compressibility ratio between lubricant and air/lubricant mix;
– compatible/miscible with mineral oils (if blended performance will be reduced);
– HEES hydraulic fluid: its special fully synthetic base stocks allow the product to be classified as HEES “Hydraulic Oil Environmentally Synthetic Ester”;
– compatibility with gaskets normally used in hydraulic systems: the product provides complete compatibility with fluorocarbon polymers, fluorosilicone rubber, nitrile rubber (>30% acrylonitrile), polyacrylate, polyurethane and silicone rubbers. It has partial compatibility to be evaluated case by case with natural and butyl rubber, ethylene-propylene copolymers, nitrile rubber (<30% acrylonitrile), ethylene-propylene terpolymers and polychloroprene;
– clear control: under request the product can be filtered at 6 micron for a better contamination control of hydraulic and lubrication systems. The advantage of such filtration is represented by longer life and better functioning of pumps, valves and of all the hydraulic parts of the system.
PAKELO GEOLUBE HYDRAULIC EP ISO 68 provides a very high biodegradability: this means great benefits for environment and human health.
Its base stocks, conforming to the recommendations from OECD (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development) and CEC (Coordinating European Council), provide the following results (75,5%
– OECD 301B Method; 67,5% OECD 301F Method; more than 85%
– CEC-L-33-T-82 Method).
(*)OECD 301 B test concerns determination of mineralization of a lubricant:
‘Microorganism oxides biodegradable substances never to 100% in carbondioxide. So the mineralization tends to 80% whereas the incorporation of the organic carbon into the biomass is in the region of 20%’. It is usual, to declare substances as ‘easily biodegradable’, when the mineralization after a biodegradation time of 28 days attains 60%.’
Dr. U. Bauman
Fields of application
PAKELO GEOLUBE HYDRAULIC EP ISO 68, thanks to its chemical-physical characteristics, has been specifically developed for hydraulic systems operating under all ambient and working conditions.
It transfers power with great promptness and uniformity, and it is suitable for lubricating stationary and mobile hydraulic systems (such as agricultural and earth moving machines) operating in particular areas where, according to the final user or to specific legislative regulations, high biodegradable lubricants are requested.
PAKELO GEOLUBE HYDRAULIC EP ISO 68 satisfies a wide range of applications, in terms of types of pumps (vane, gear, piston pumps, etc.), of metals used in the working system and of resistance to severe working conditions (high temperatures, pressure, etc.) which they may face without causing stress and/or decomposition. Its fully synthetic base stocks and its specific additive package used allow to extend oil drain intervals when compared to conventional synthetic hydrocarbon lubricants.
Please follow drain intervals Constructors` recommendations to obtain maximum hydraulic system life.
Levels of performance
The additive package allows, in mineral version, to satisfy the following performance levels:
ISO-L-HV, DIN 51524 Part 3 HVLP, Afnor NFE 48-603 HV, Eaton Vickers I-286-S,
Cincinnati Machine P-68 / P-69 / P-70.